"Evidence-informed" may be a better term than "evidence-based" when applying EBM in daily clinical practice.
1. Scientific evidence.
2. Clinical experience.
3. Patient's values, preferences, and circumstances.
The four most important favorable factors to be considered:
1. ST elevation on ECG after ROSC.
2. Initial rhythm is VT or VF, or recurrent VF.
3. No other non-cardiac cause of death.
4. Witnessed arrest and bystander CPR.
By Carolina C. Sousa, M.D., and Joana Duarte, M.D.
N Engl J Med 2016; 375:2081 November 24, 2016